Saturday, September 27, 2008

Damp

Pulled my clothes from the dryer: damp. Stepped into the murky morning: damp.

AM: Although it was muggy, the cool air and gray skies served me well for a jog. Began, as last weekend, with Maia on a route that meandered through the one-way streets of Fishtown. What's with the traffic this morning? A red pickup narrowly avoided me as I traversed an intersection near Memphis and Susquehanna.

Today Maia and I parted ways about 10 min in as my "jog" crept slowly towards "run." By all means, I've still got a ways to go. But I'm in no rush, literally. Things felt great save for some digestive issues that have been ongoing for the past week and some soreness in the lower abdominal area. No backtalk from the foot, although there's a barely noticeable achy feeling now. I'll be keeping a close eye on this over the next few weeks. Running time was 35:00.

PM: Finally connected with my friend Justin for a ride. Didn't know what to expect other than that I'd be biking for around 2 hours. I let him lead for most of the ride which took us out of the city through Bala Cynwyd and on some back roads of Montgomery County. Overall, the pace ranged from moderate to intense, but I held on pretty well, especially on the hills. A piece of glass pierced my tire with about 25 minutes left to the ride and I was glad to have brought a patch and pump. Total time was somewhere around 3 hours including the fix-a-flat.

No comments: