Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Vacation

It's been easy to let this slip from daily to every other day to a couple times a week. Summer is nearly upon us and along with that come the typical distractions I struggle to jam into my already busy life. Looks like I'll be on repreive for a little while here until things settle down a bit. This includes a somewhat structured break from riding until later this summer when I plan to ramp up to a century ride in October. I figure I'll start building for that at the beginning of August, where I'm sure to be in for some hot rides. For now I'll be taking the usual bike commute to work but limiting this to a couple of times a week. For the most part I won't be doing any longer riding until the century build up.

I also have been feeling pretty confident that I can start running gently pretty soon. The plan is to approach it cautiously and take things slowly. Planning this around an early fall century ride will be challenging but should at least serve to prevent me from jumping into running too fast. I still have occasional morning pain in my right foot. This improves throughout the day but can act up if I've been walking a lot. It's certainly much better than it has been but I think it'll be a month or two yet before I can really be at ease about it.

For now I'm looking forward to improving my swimming and incorporating a little more yoga. The latter should hopefully help quell the stiffness in my hips which I'm sure is related to cycling. I'll continue with the climbing, and I may even have a couple of opportunities to take some trips to local outdoor climbing spots.

I'll be around once in a while when the mood strikes me but I'm not looking to update consistently until I get more organized. Enjoy the summer, be careful in that heat.

No comments: