Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting Easy

No carefully crafted post for the first day of the year. I have a marathon looming on the barely visible horizon. The last three months of 2010 were a period of growth, some reacquaintance and even some forgetting. I'm in a good place right now, mentally, physically, and other ways. A place where the intimidation of an upcoming race just balances with the desire and confidence to get there. I'm not thinking of finishing times yet, but I will eventually, because I'm certain I can at least cross the line (the finish, that is). I have until June, roughly 5 months, to get into marathon shape. In tandem is the hope and motivation to stretch this process beyond the June 18 benchmark, and caress it back into a lifestyle. So for now, only feeling resolved really to continue in the direction I'm headed.

Got in some cross and lifting today instead of a run. Felt right and it leaves me well-rested for tomorrow's longer run.

No comments: