Friday, December 31, 2010

Landing Strip In Sight

Took it easy Wednesday with 30 minutes of cross-training followed by some brief lifting exercises. Upped the weight a little bit and things are feeling good on that front, no troublesome low back pain as I've had in the past. Even revisited single-leg deadlifts which tend to destroy my hammies but they've held up quite nicely this time.

Yesterday early morning I set out from Bethesda on a front-loaded CCT out-and-back. I felt great from the chute, but refrained from consciously putting forth the effort to make it a harder run. On the return leg I mixed in 10 strides. These are beginning to feel more fluid and between them and the weights, my legs are feeling quite resilient. I did get the sense I was riding a bit of a thin line yesterday as I'd biked to work on my fixed gear and didn't have much desire to ride home when it came time to go. Reducing the biking days is something I've been accepting I'll have to do if I want to move much beyond this point with my running. It's so damn cold on a bike this time of year anyway, I doubt I'll miss it much. 8.1 miles, 58:50.

At the 'rents' house for the weekend so I took advantage of my dad's basement hideout and kept it easy on the treadmill and elliptical. 30 min each, 3.8 miles run on the TM, followed up with some legitimate stretching (few and far between these days). My feet were sore this morning when I woke up and I got a few twinges on the treadmill today, so I'll forego a run tomorrow against my desire to hit 40 miles for the week and call it 37. Coasting on into the new year, work already done for the week. Happy 2011 everyone!

No comments: