Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Misty Morning

Sunday I got out for a 25:00 jog with Maia. No issues to report except some discomfort in the left foot that lasted a few minutes and then went away.

Yesterday, easy 50:00 on the elliptical trainer. Felt really good during and afterwards.

This AM, easy jogging on the treadmill. Felt great up until the minute I hopped on the TM. Moving extremely slow. Either really tired or really out of shape. I intended to go 45:00 but after about 35 min I dropped my water bottle on the belt and it splattered on the ground and wall behind me. This must have set off some sort of chemical reaction in my brain because as soon as it happened my left foot cramped up a bit. So I stopped at 40:00.

It's been just over three weeks since I started back to "running" on a regular basis. I'm realizing that right now things will have to develop based around numerous other things going on in my life, rather than the other way around. In the past I could plan my days around some sort of training schedule. Now I'll be content to merely keep up these easy efforts. To keep things in check, I've been using a heart rate monitor, and plan to do so for the foreseeable future.

The past week has been somewhat tough, and that's reflected in these posts. I hope this doesn't sound too much like complaining. I'm only trying to be honest. That way, if in a few weeks things haven't improved at all, I can decide whether or not to keep this up.

No comments: