Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Safety

I wanted something flat, soft, secure. I wound up on the treadmill. 45:00. Felt OK. Running continues to feel more natural, and my legs continue to adapt. There are still some niggling dull pains that I'm pretty sure I'd ignore if I wasn't so paranoid about these things lately. For some reason the hip flexors and lower abdominals have been super tight, especially on the right side.

I've been feeling a bit run down since I got back from my trip this weekend. This happened when I got back from my Scranton trip as well. While fishing off a breaker in Atlantic City on Saturday I slipped on some algae and landed on a bunch of barnacle-covered rocks. I wound up with some scrapes on my right calf and ankle, and lost a bit of skin right below my big toe on the left foot. Needless to say, it's been kind of uncomfortable to stand, walk, and run on it.

Also, sleeping under the stars for two nights in addition to the changing weather has left me with a scratchiness in my throat. Seems to be worse at night.

So, before I find any more complaints, I'm going to bed, maybe I'll feel better in the morning.

No comments: