Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Check Your Head

Yesterday afternoon, got out for 44:43 on a loop through Old City that I haven't done in a while. Slow but otherwise things felt fine.

After class and taking care of some things at school tonight I went for a spin to shake out the election jitters. 34:13. Again slow but feeling pretty good.

So it seems that a freak combination of some indigestion, a bit of muscular stiffness, some irritation from the saddle on my bicycle, and my hypochondria had me pretty worried that I had an inguinal hernia. I saw a doctor today and I'm relieved to say that there's no visible evidence of such. To play it safe, the doctor ordered an ultrasound, which I'll do tomorrow morning. I'm not ruling out the possibility of some tendinitis or something around the pubic bone area, so I'll continue to be conservative just to be safe. Otherwise, I'm hoping tomorrow will be my last visit to the doctor for a good while. Maybe instead of an ultrasound they should do a brain scan.

No comments: