Saturday, November 1, 2008

Weekly Injury Update

I'm thinking of changing the name of this blog. Ideas so far:

"The Latest Ding"

"Discomfort Monitor"

"The Running Chump's Field Guide"

Actually, the current title is fitting enough.

To get to the point, another issue has popped up on the radar. I'll spare you the list of symptoms. I was one of the lucky 2% to be born with a hernia (actually two, one on either side). It was repaired when I was three years old, and the surgery is probably one of my earliest memories. I think all the biking over the summer opened one of them back up, and it's steadily becoming more and more uncomfortable. Strange thing is that it doesn't hurt while jogging, only after cycling. Looking back, the first symptoms came last month while riding to the shore.

So, all I know to do is to continue to take it easy, ask the doctor, and hope I can get whatever's going on fixed. Happy Halloween.

No comments: