Friday, March 12, 2010

Maybe

I'm giving in to the urge to make a post here, while simultaneously questioning my desire to do so. There were only a handful of entries for the entire year of 2009, and I'm now realizing that this is the first time I've checked in here all year.

I suppose I'm contemplating my existence in the blogosphere. Larger, maybe, perhaps I'm contemplating my interest in things such as running. That was, after all, the reason this blog began.

Running gave me a convenient reason to write which, even prior to the explosion of the world wide web, is something I've enjoyed for a long while. And I suppose this post is proof to myself that I miss it.

So, before I venture any further into self interested obscurity, I'll make just a few concrete statements for the day. I have been, with respect to running, moderately incapacitated by a few nagging injuries since about Thanksgiving of last year. My right foot and ankle is afflicted by either tendonitis or plantar fasciitis or likely a combination of both. I have made progress though, and I've progressed to about the level of what I would consider a "fitness runner." I've been jogging a few times a week. Nothing too long or fast. It has mostly served just to provide balance for some other interests such as yoga and rock climbing, but I envision a steady increase in miles over the foreseeable future.

So there it is. I'm putting down for the record that maybe I'll be frequenting here more often. Maybe I'll post about a broader range of topics than running. And maybe I'll try to commit to my ideas a little more and stop using the word "maybe" so much.

No comments: