Friday, May 2, 2008

Contemplation

Before dawn? Sometimes. To catch me running after dusk though is a rarity.

Biked around town for a while this afternoon, made my way to South Philly to register for Broad St. In the past I dash out of the expo as fast as I can, but today I hung around long enough to pick up a new pair of shoes. Some lighter weight flats that I actually purchased a couple weeks ago; those turned out to be the wrong size and I had to return them. Saw the same ones today so I grabbed them.

It was these that I wore on a quick spin around Penn's Landing. Didn't leave the house until after 8 pm, pretty late to be out there but I couldn't fight off the urge. Entertained the idea of wearing the new shoes on Sunday and even though they're all light and squishy and feel pretty nice, I don't want any disasters. Sticking with the plan. 4 miles in 33:36.

No comments: