Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sleep Sandwich

With two workouts as the bread. There wasn't enough meat and now I'm trying to fill the void with coffee. This'll probably work until early evening when I cave and switch to hooch.

Last night amidst some schoolwork and airport drama (MM's flight to Seattle overbooked, returned home for the night) I forced myself out the door after 9 PM to clear my mind. It worked. The first half of the Penn's Landing route I frequent was entirely satisfying. I did things I never really do like jumping up onto and running across the stone walls along the walkway and trying to hit every grass patch within view. Very fun. Then some heaviness set in that was probably due to a combination of fatigue from all the recent biking, some barefoot running on Saturday, and the fact that I haven't really run that much in the past two weeks. Regardless, I felt better for having gotten out. Untimed, unmeasured, I'll call it 5.5 miles.

The flight cancellation last night meant that I was awoken four hours after falling asleep when MM got up for flight attempt #2. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I rallied with the goal of getting on the same westbound train as her. She hopped off for the R1, I ended up at the gym where I kept things fairly easy. Biked 30 min, ran about 4 miles (33 min or so) on the TM with 3x2:00 "hills." Some stretch/strength stuff afterwards. I hated the TM today. I hoped to last a little longer but I couldn't find any real reason to do so, especially knowing that I hadn't really rested since last night's run. The past 24 hours haven't been ideal but I keep reminding myself that it's only gonna get tougher (schedule-wise) as my training picks up over the next month. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments: