Monday, July 7, 2008

Rush

Things have been crazy. I'm not gonna begin to explain. The work is still getting done, but let's just say that marathon prospects for the fall look bleaker by the day. Weird issue with the left foot comes and goes. Feels fine now but this morning it smarted. Taking it one day at a time.

Friday a.m. - 10 miles, 1:21
Saturday a.m. - 4 miles, :35
Sunday p.m. - 15+, 2:10

Changed things up on Sunday by running in the afternoon (mornings have been tough lately). Set myself up for a tough run considering the sun and heat, and by taking it alone. Brought a water bottle and took a gel around 10 miles. Not sure what kind of effect those have on me. Maybe only mental.

Relatively flat route from home to Fall's Bridge and back through downtown. From afar I could see the deluge envelope center city. The last 30 minutes was a blind run for my life through washed out streets. All things considered, an OK run. Things got pretty tough during the last few miles (partly due to the rain) but I recovered well. Bailed on this morning's swim (had enough wetness yesterday) and took a rest instead.

No comments: