Friday, July 11, 2008

Smooth

Rolled out the door this morning and just kept on rolling. Must have eaten something special yesterday because things felt really solid. Did the 10 mile loop I've been doing lately, west via Fairmount, south along the river, back east on Christian St more or less. It took me a couple of miles to wake up, but the pace picked up as the run went on, finishing close to tempo. Wasn't asking for this, just kind of took it as it came. Happy I did. 10 1/4 miles, 1:17:56.

Haven't mentioned my left foot in a while, maybe I'm trying to banish it from my mental space. It really feels a lot better lately, and it didn't bother me today at all. While I was initially worried it could have been a stress fracture developing, intuition tells me that the past two weeks wouldn't have been possible if that were the case. Nonetheless, I had an x-ray yesterday, off to the doctor today to get their opinion.

No comments: