Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fun and Games

Sorry to all you dedicated readers, I know you've been on the edge of your seats. Umm, I have, and I guess I'm considered a reader, or more likely the reader. I've been fairly busy, and adjusting to a new schedule is taxing me a bit.

Not much running in the past week, but some extra fun days at the gym including three 30 min swims and various moving-but-getting-nowhere activities.

Yesterday a 3 mile treadmill run (:26) went very well, and today I took to the roads for 8.5 miles, 1:12. Lots of stopping at intersections for traffic, and a somewhat humorous attempt to pick up the pace for 3 miles mid-run. The rest has calmed the foot a lot, but it's still got a bit of an attitude.

To be honest, today was not very encouraging, but I suppose I'm still feeling the effects of a long bike ride I took on Sunday. I set a PB by covering the Valley Forge out-and-back 10 min faster than the last time I did it, and lasted maybe 30 min longer before fading.

I've been thinking a lot about my running goals for the upcoming months. Considering it's only July, I'm hoping the past week is only a minor bump in the long road ahead.

No comments: