Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Arlington Overachievers

Rode to Bethesda by way of Arlington, VA this morning. This was almost exclusively on paved trails. For the most part it was pretty enjoyable, but I was astonished at some crowded sections of trail. Walkers, joggers, cyclists, folks doing pushups on benches, all out and about at 6 AM. I got turned around a few times during the first portion and it seemed to take me a while to wake up.

Threw the hammer down at about mile 14 and didn't let up until I was locking up at the parking garage in Bethesda. Immediately after doing so the ride got more interesting. Something to keep in mind. The ride took about two hours door to door, so I must have really been dragging an anchor those first few miles. After commuting home I have just under 40 miles on the day.

***

When I got home today I weighed my bike and loaded pannier. 43 lbs. I wonder how fast I could ride if I had an F16 instead of a 747. I suppose I'll find out, some day.

No comments: