Monday, May 3, 2010

My Grass is Blue

And so were the skies down in sunny Wilkesboro, NC over the weekend. Couldn't have hoped for better weather, and it only sprinkled on us once during the very wee hours of Sunday morning. Had to miss filling in on bass with these guys at a show in Philly, but it was worth it. Saw Tut Taylor give a dobro workshop, Tony Rice backup Peter Rowan, and Elvis Costello perform with Jerry Douglas, among many other great acts. Picked many a string and stomached a fair share of bourbon, too.

It's back to the grind this week, and it looks like some fair (if not slightly hot) weather ahead for my commutes. Wednesday morning I'm thinking of extending my normal route by an hour or so, perhaps to about 30 miles. Have to think of where that will take me but it will probably be somewhere out north of the city.

I have tentative plans to ride up to Rockville tomorrow after work for some climbing. I say tentative because some on and off soreness in my elbow joint has returned a little since last week. This thing has helped a lot with the issue, which I'm guessing is tendonitis of some sort (tennis elbow?) and I've been trying to use it more frequently lately. It's only a few specific motions that make it hurt but I'd rather not risk it turning into something more serious, so I'll make it a game day decision.

On the flip side, my feet feel even better than they did last week. I did a whole lot of walking around in minimally supportive footwear over the weekend and I'm no worse for the wear. I'm not sure how much longer it'll be before I try to run, but I'm not gonna rush back into it.

No comments: