Friday, May 14, 2010

Northern Crescent

Enjoyed an extended commute to work this morning. The molasses in my legs has finally melted away and this was enough to lift my spirits a bit. The leaves seemed greener, the traffic seemed less, and the riding seemed easier at faster speeds. All the ingredients for a good little jaunt.

Throughout the day the soreness from yesterday's lifting session crept in slowly, making moving around the office more challenging than usual. But it's the gratifying kind of soreness, meaning I did something challenging that will in turn be easier next time around.

I rode home from work late, on the outskirts of a lightning storm that easily could have dumped on me. I'm pretty boneheaded sometimes when it comes to things like that. 30+ miles on the day, feeling good.

No comments: