Saturday, August 20, 2011

Update

Running off to a BBQ here in a minute, but just wanted to lay down how the rest of the week turned out. I'm still trying to get back in the habit of tracking daily mileage, but I'm not quite there yet. So, from memory:

Wed: 6 mi/48 min to work, 4 mi/30 min back home - tired and feeling sluggish for both

Thurs: 7 or 8 miles, 58 min (unmapped) in the very early AM with Rob, RCP - very hilly, tough run but decent energy and the hill repeats seem to be helping

Fri: 5 miles easy on the treadmill, 41 min, with 10x20 sec pickups (~5:40 pace) over the last 15 min - refreshing run, followed by some core/weights

Today I met Rob in RCP earlyish for an anticipated 15 miles or about 2 hours. Wound up with over 17 in about 2:10. Energy was great for the entire run. Was worried that I hadn't brought anything to eat but I turned out not to need it. Rob's great about injecting some higher intensity every now and then, and we ended up taking the 4 uphill miles along the CCT toward Bethesda at a low-7s clip. This felt fine but unfortunately Rob ran out of gas as a result and we slowed to high 8's for the traverse back to Rock Creek Park. Had some sore heels for the final few miles (as they've been in general these days) but nothing serious.

That puts me at about 57 for the week which is probably one of the highest volume weeks I've had in a few years. I feel less beat up than I have after some 20-30 mile weeks I've had in the past year, so I'm not sure what I'm doing differently (maybe the two-a-days??) but whatever it is I'll take it.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Hey Ryan,

Just got around to catching up with your blog. Congrats on the engagement and on your Grandma's race (in that order). I miss you, feel like catching up. Good luck with the running.