Sunday, October 23, 2011

Exchange

Joined Amanda for a run in the park this morning.  I've known her for a long time.  She never was a runner, but has started running over the past few years and has found that she's quite naturally inclined.  Last time I ran with her she was visiting DC.  Now she's moved here permanently (temporarily permanent, just like everyone in DC) and I took her up on the opportunity to show her around some of the trails in Rock Creek Park.

Shin was a little stiff when I woke up, so I took a little ibuprofen, which is not something I normally justify.  Maybe I was just feeling the urge to forget about it for a little while.  I like to think of it as a compromise, a deal with the devil in exchange for a beautiful 45 minutes of sunshine and orange leaves and good company.  I'll be hoping to avoid these exchanges because of how it hampers the healing process, but for today it was worth it.

In the end, I didn't totally forget about the shin today, and in light of that I'll probably stay off it for a day or two.

No comments: