Thursday, November 11, 2010

Imagining Paris

Woke up this morning and felt pretty lousy. Had a slog of a ride into Bethesda that lowered my expectations for my planned run to follow. Left myself the option of calling it off if I didn't feel better within the first 5 min. Not really sore in any way, just low energy. I would expect that with the extra hour given to us on Sunday that I'd have an easier time waking up. This hasn't been the case at all.

To my surprise, however, I felt almost immediately better after taking off on foot from my office. So I followed through with the plan, which was 7.1 miles along the CCT. I love this trail. It has a unique beauty that's augmented by whatever seasonal changes are taking place. Today I was struck by the sunlight melting the morning mist against a backdrop of orange and yellow foliage. I thought of Paris for some reason, though I've only ever been there in the winter. Thought I'd conservatively shoot for 56 minutes but I ended up finishing just shy of 53 with no real effort. Not a bad morning all things considered.

No comments: