Wednesday, December 15, 2010

For the Record

Don't have a whole lot of time so this will be strictly record keeping.

Enjoyed a beautiful, if cold, jaunt around Pittsburgh yesterday morning. Was there for work and I always enjoy getting out for a run with Rob (my boss). Pretty unique situation to be in where I can go out and shoot the shit for an hour with my direct supervisor. It's like work therapy. 8.5 miles, 1:07:44. 13 degrees, snowing, -10 degree wind chill. I was actually perfectly dressed for the conditions with some thermal tights and shirt, wind breaker, and knit mittens. The snow (less than 2 or 3 inches) was like padding at first but then got kind of annoying for the lack of traction.

Didn't get home from work til late last night so I decided to sleep in a little bit. I brought my shorts to work in case I found myself with some extra time in the afternoon. I did, and I got out for 5.8 miles on a CCT out-and-back. 41:42. Threw in 5 strides at about the 20 min mark. Felt good.

No comments: