Friday, December 10, 2010

The Question

So it seems I just haven't really been into posting here lately. Work is stealing all my mental livelihood and I find myself sitting here in front of a blank field digging for creative ways to say what I always say here: I ran today, or I ran yesterday, or I will bike tomorrow.

I guess I'm also questioning the purpose of this, which corresponds to my mental blahness and indeed is probably the result of such.

Tuesday was a short treadmill run (3.5 in 29:45) before yoga. I also biked around town for what felt like all day getting to various appointments. Slept well that night.

Wednesday was some stuff at the gym and yesterday I got out to Bethesda extra early for 7.1 miles (56:38) all before the sun came up. Cold and sleepy. Checking out some Bela Fleck albums, the artist of which I've never been entirely fond of, for various reasons. In general I have a hard time digesting what feels like overly intellectual or academic music. Had a couple albums, don't remember their names, and wasn't all that impressed. "Polka on the Banjo" stuck out to me as a pretty fun number. Will continue to listen for a while to see if it grows on me. Headed to a cabin in Shenandoah tonight and won't be back till Sunday. Hoping to get in a few runs while I'm there.

No comments: