Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday Switchup

I've been doing longer runs on Sundays, but this week I switched it up to take advantage of some company. Joined Rob in Rock Creek for a jaunt along some snowy trails. A few lung-searing climbs, but the lack of pavement made these more pleasant than usual. It was 23 degrees out at the start but I was OK in shorts. The absence of wind makes a big difference here. No attempt to map it as the trails are not visible on gmaps. Conservatively calling it 10.5 miles, 1:23:20.

This puts me over 40 for the week, but next week will be appropriately less given that I'll be keeping things shorter tomorrow. Speaking of next week, I'm getting on a plane to Denver tomorrow evening and I'll be in the Denver area for 9 days or so, hopefully sipping on Scotch and cracking pistachios in front of the fireplace. Looking forward to the crisp air and change of scenery. Weather forecast looks like sunny mid-40s for most of the time I'll be there.

No comments: