Monday, February 11, 2008

Efflorescence

I tend to enjoy this word – the way it sounds, how it can look washed along red brick façades – what brought it to mind is the white streaks on the temples of my eyeglasses. Kind of a subtle reminder of the science behind exercise, and the delicate intricacy of the human body. I laugh to myself since I’m sure everyone wonders how I seemingly got toothpaste all they way back there. I guess I should scrub it off, but then again if I did I wouldn’t have little moments like this.

No running today, only a light yoga routine before heading off to work. Felt nice to sleep a little later, I certainly needed it. I could’ve actually used maybe an hour more, but being awake is just so darn fun, you know?

Monday Recap:

2/4 – 0 mi, 60 min stretch/core
2/5 – 4 mi treadmill/ 31.5 min, 40 min tempo on indoor cycle, light stretch/core
2/6 – 10 mi / 85 min, light stretch/core
2/7 – 6.5 mi / 53.5 min, light stretch/core
2/8 – 0 mi, unplanned rest
2/9 – 16 mi / 125 min, minimal stretch
2/10 – 9.5 mi / 78 min, minimal stretch

That’s 46 miles for the week in 6:13:00, for an average pace of 8:07 per mile. I’m feeling strong, although my calves are a bit sore this morning, and my knee is still slightly tender. I’m beginning to think the knee may be something I’ll have to cope with until after Caesar Rodney, after which I can take a more substantial rest. Not to say I won’t continue to be cautious, but merely that I’m OK with a dull pain as long as it does not progress. And the cold? What cold?

No comments: