Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Riding Places to Ride in Place

Very satisfying workout at the gym this morning. I’ve been driving there, but today was the first day I decided to bike instead. Going from parting the cold westerly wind uphill with my 30 pound bag over my shoulder straight to the indoor cycle, spinning in place, just didn’t seem right but that’s what I did. While I certainly exert myself during most bicycle commutes (riding slow is hard, unless I’m with great company, who is less fidgety, or I’m not on a schedule, or have lost interest in one, and then of course there is the imperative joyride) I don’t like to consider it part of any training regimen. I try to enjoy a ride for its beauty. Yeah it’s exercise, but so is walking. It’s just something I do.

Anyway, for clues as to what I did at the gym, see last Friday’s post. Only 18 minutes on the spinner today, and negative splits on the treadmill, pushed the pace during last ½-mile. No rowing either. HR stuff largely inconsequential, similar to Friday. Legs felt wonderful. Where did all those weekend miles go?

4 miles in 29:45. Oh, and I checked out the chinup bar. Tiny blisters on my palms, kind of funny.

[2 x 20 pushups, 2 x 7 chinups, 2 x 10 single leg squats, 2 x 30 situps, 2 x 15 standing piriformis lifts, 2 x 15 lateral leg lifts, various stretches]

1 comment:

seebo said...

Hey Ryan,

Good to see you in the blogosphere.

Keep up the good work, maybe hook up for some long miles this weekend?