Monday, June 2, 2008

Closing In

Later to bed, later to rise. Oh well. 7 miles planned ended up just shy of 8, 1:07 including stops. Took the BFB over to Camden and back. The last mile was run naked through the park. Ha! Well, not entirely, but my feet got a breather. Easy running, and everything felt right.

My friend Matt caught me off guard on Delaware Ave as I turned to hear him heckling me from his pickup truck. Congratulations to him as he placed 10th overall in the Bear Mountain Sprint Triathlon over the weekend. Also a shout out to the Chug and Runners (two members known to me are Deirdre and Shanley) who were the 2nd coed team to finish the half-iron relay. Nice job.

I kicked off the new month with a big zero run (Sunday). Did some yoga instead before heading to work and the harder-than-usual bike ride there reinforced my decision to call off my easy 5 miler. Final projects and exams are creeping up and it was about this time last year that I returned to running. 5 miles was a huge effort then. The past year has been full of wonderful learning experiences, mostly fun, some painful, but I feel more motivated now to continue than ever before. This is good, because a week from today I begin a 6 month build to "race" a marathon.

1 comment:

John W said...

What marathon did you have in mind?