Friday, June 13, 2008

Closure

In celebration of finishing yet another in a long string of terms, I went out and ran some trails. What I like about them is the focus and concentration they require of me. Problem was that I'd burned up all my concentration and focus regurgitating names and dates on this morning's final. So I laid back, kept it slow and then was forced to slow even more when my empty stomach and empty glass caught up with me. Explored some of the course from last Saturday's trail race and was reminded how tough the route really was. Ended up taking a few too many turns and ran about 11.5 instead of the intended 10. About 1:45 total running time. Really dehydrated, my stomach was sucked in, kind of a strange feeling.

Tomorrow I get to take a 12-hour drive with my folks down yonder for a family reunion. Not sure if I'll be wired so this may be the last post for a week or so. Smoky Mountains here I come...

No comments: