Friday, June 20, 2008

Old Homeplace or: Back to Reality

The past 48 hrs have been a blur. I'm happy to be home.

Due to unfortunate circumstances the vacation came crashing down and we had to drive home a day early.

I intended to keep things easy yesterday morning so I scoped out Porter Creek Trail, alongside a creek. Figured it would be flat enough, right? Wrong. The creek was a series of cascades and I again found myself trucking upwards and braking back down. Not what I was looking for but I tried to relax and just enjoy the scenery. 49:36, I'll call it 5 miles.

Then, back in the city, it wasn't until this afternoon that I could get out. This meant accepting the sun and humidity and just settling in for an hour or so of sweating. It wasn't really that hot but the loop around the drives felt harder than it should have. It hit me that my vacation was over, and that all the hills from the past 5 days' activities have tired me out quite a bit. After looping around back to Lloyd Hall I did a mile BF cooldown, which felt nice. I was surprised after struggling for most of the run to feel pretty good afterwards. Need to work on hydrating before runs, especially since the mercury will only continue to rise. Total for today was 9.5 in 1:13:37. It's the longest day of the year, so stop reading this and go outside.

No comments: