Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Weight Loss Plan

Sunday was spent celebrating MM's quarter-centennial. This included tracking down the nearest open body of water and dipping in for a few hours, which really has me wanting to swim more. Right arm is sore from some catch and two-hand-touch on the sand. I'd already put in about 42 miles for the week including Saturday's race so it felt great not to worry about getting a run in. Yesterday was 99 degrees which translates to zero miles. So, two days rest and I was feeling pretty good when I stepped off my stoop this morning.

On the way up to the Temple track I caught myself questioning the prospect of daily runs all summer long. This morning I did 10x100m strides and various drills, including a barefoot mile. I also used the pullup bar since I'm always complaining that I can't find one of those that's not at a gym. Watch ran the whole time, so including stops it was 8 miles in 1:13. Just after leaving the track I felt weighed down, definitely didn't drink enough water between last night and this morning (aka the water to scotch ratio was a bit low). For the hell of it I checked my weight when I got home to see that I was not weighed down, but instead 4 pounds lighter than normal. That's a half gallon of water. Sheesh.

No comments: