Saturday, October 23, 2010

For the Better

I followed through with my plans to run Friday morning, heading down to the park and back. I planned the route to end just in front of the gym where my yoga class is held. I ran the 3.5 mile route, untimed, but paused in front of the entrance to the gym, faltering for a couple minutes. Work last week really wiped me out and I just wanted to take advantage of my relatively open schedule and go crawl back in bed. So I did. And I still got just shy of 20 miles by foot for the week. I didn't count, but I think my bike miles dipped below 100.

I rewarded my diligence with a day off today. My parents were in town visiting and we did a whole lot of walking around. Feet feel good regardless. Which means things are changing for the better. I have to spend a bit of time working tomorrow, so I'll probably run similarly to last Sunday.

In other news, I sent my registration for the Jug Bay 10k. I have mixed feelings about it because I'll be tempted to race. But if I'm feeling up to it, chances are it'll be just fine.

No comments: