Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Digs

The trip to the pod yesterday went well. He essentially confirmed that my plantar fasciitis is manageable, and told me that he thinks there's a 90% chance that things will continue to improve. Surprisingly, he recommended against the Sock, which I've been wearing religiously for the past 9 months. Says it puts too much stress on certain tendons in the foot. Also to my surprise he suggested stretching less. A leaning wall-type calf stretch is fine but no stair stretches.

The final recommendation was a new pair of shoes. I stopped by a local running store on the way home from work and picked up a pair of Brooks Adrenaline. They're described as a stable trainer for those with average arches. I guess I fall into that category.

Gave myself a chance to try them out this morning after taking the short route to Bethesda on my bike. Just an easy out and back along the CCT. My foot felt great for the majority of the run but got a little stiff for the final few minutes. Figure this is just still part of the transition. 4.3 miles, untimed.

No comments: