Thursday, October 21, 2010

Over the Hump

Yesterday I took the long way to work on my bike, rounding the Arlington Wineglass loop all before the sun came up. Don't recall the time but it was somewhere around 1:35. It seems that my cycling will regress back to a slower, mostly aerobic pace over the winter.

This morning I took the Broad Branch route to Bethesda and hopped on the treadmill. These runs are boring, but they feel necessary as I don't want to spend too much time on the hard pavement just yet. They're made more bearable by a decent soundtrack, which has included a lot of Chris Thile (How to Grow a Woman from the Ground) and Tony Rice lately. Thile's lyricism is growing on me, although I definitely still appreciate his instrumentals more. Right foot felt good, no plantar pain to mention, though my left ankle has been stiff since yesterday and I'm wondering if it's related to the new shoes. Time will tell. As usual, I try to end my runs at a slightly quicker clip than I start them. 4.8 miles, 39 minutes.

If I'm feeling particular spry tomorrow I'll be looking for a quick shake out in the morning before yoga. I'm glad it's already Thursday.

No comments: