Monday, September 12, 2011

Back Roads

Glad I resisted the urge to sleep in this morning.  By the time I got down to Broad Branch Rd I was cruising, having to hold myself back a bit.  Just about every time I attempt to explore the back roads of Chevy Chase and Martin's Addition I get lost.  It doesn't matter how much I think I know the route.  Today was no different.

33rd Street headed north is a rolling course, and I found myself chugging right up the rises and drifting down the dips.  Took a wrong turn somewhere, and I got a nice lesson in the (lack of) thruway planning in this small part of the world.  It's likely intentional, a means of traffic control.  Doctor and lawyer version of Port Richmond or Fishtown, back in Philadelphia.

In the end I wound up with a few extra hills, covered some new ground, and exceeded the day's goal by a mere 528 feet.  9.1 miles, 1:12:14.  Almost the same time I ran yesterday, but today was more fun.

No comments: