Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grey and Stormy

Started this post this morning but got distracted.  I'll splice in some thoughts now that it's 10:30 pm, with my morning draft between the asterisks.

***

Grey and stormy, more or less in tandem with my mood today.  Taking it in stride, as Lee will surely pass and maybe it'll be a little cooler and dryer at the other end.  Hanging on to the fact that despite the bad weather I've somehow managed to get 3 more or less dry runs in the past 24 hrs.

Yesterday morning, double branch commute in 54:34.  Felt slow and turned out to be slow.  Romanticized the fact that I had three letters in my pack.  One for New York City, one for Wisconsin, one for Colorado.  Followed up with a mile of barefoot and some light strength work at the gym.

Took a more direct route on the way home for 6 miles in 49:00.  Pretty blah run.

***

I suspected this morning's commute would be work, and it was.  This coincided with the mid-run thought this is no longer utility, or fun, or exercise.  Feeling creaky, and took me a good half of the run to get into a rhythm.  Found a second wind at halfway and motored the 5 uphill CCT miles in a negative split.  Can't help but wonder if I'm in a little over my head this time around.  I know these thoughts are a product of my gloomy mindset, so I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

11 miles, 1:28:28.  Looking forward to a couple of low key days before the weekend.

No comments: