Monday, March 3, 2008

Dusting Off

Mondays are rest days, but after four days off last week it’s time to get back outside. In lieu of morning yoga I headed out around 5:20 for an easy trip to Eakin’s Oval and back. Straight shot down Spring Garden, an old familiar route. Balance the same white line like a tight rope the whole way. Pretty light on my feet, I’m glad to spot a crescent moon above towering light boxes. In retrospect, more like yoga than I’d anticipated. 6 ¼ miles in 52:55. HR back in normal range, average 145. Light stretches afterwards. Left knee stiff, iced it.

Monday Recap

2/25 – AM yoga
2/26 – 3 mi treadmill/25:45, 20 min indoor cycle, stretch/core
2/27 – rest
2/28 – rest
2/29 – rest
3/01 – 4.5 mi/38:50, AM yoga
3/02 – rest

My routine broke down on Wednesday when I developed some sort of flu, which left me out of commission for the remainder of the week. I’d spread myself fairly thin between higher mileage weeks and various life obligations and I knew at the time that I risked burning myself out. I am fortunate to be feeling better in the week before Caesar Rodney. Almost sure that Grandma’s won’t happen this year due to schedule conflicts. Perhaps for the better, as it’ll leave me more base time prior to a fall marathon build-up.

No comments: