Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Wind Speaks

A morning of storms culminated in a relatively sunny and warm early evening, so I laced up. No more than 30 seconds after I stepped off my front stoop, it started to downpour again. I took this as a sign that I should relax instead of jogging 3 miles as I had planned.

I've thought a lot about a goal for Caesar Rodney, and 75% of me has decided on some times. I know the other 25% will adjust tomorrow in the moment. Play it by ear, as I tend to do under pressure. I need to put this down for the record:

1:34:22 would be a PR.
If it's a good day, I think I have a 1:30 in me.

Speaking of wind, supposedly there will be 20-30 mph winds out of the west. We'll be running the uphill segment into this westerly wind. Above all else, my plan is to relax, take it easy for the first 6 miles, work with the wind going uphill (miles 7-9), and unleash on the way back down, saving just enough for the uphill finish. We'll see what happens.

No comments: