Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stormy Tuesday

Felt like Monday though. Things were all bass ackwards. Occasionally I'll make a small adjustment to my routine to see how it affects me. Today I ate a little before my run, something I usually reserve for before long runs. I like heading out the door hungry and returning to enjoy a satisfying breakfast. As circumstance had it I also did my core routine before running.

Needless to say I was tired and heavy when I finally got on my feet. Should have expected this. Returned to last Wednesday's 6-mile roundabout with the following in mind: 15 min w/u - 15 min fartlek - 15 min c/d. The warmup was really slow and more labored than it should have been. The fartlek was really fun, as these have been in the past, and it felt like a game. I let myself run hard for anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes and then matched that time with slow jogs. I don't remember what the progression was but I ended up with about 7 or so quicker repeats. Strategically it became easier to run hard for 2 min because I would then get 2 min of rest, as opposed to 30 s on/off which seemed harder. The cooldown was a slog back home. I guess I'm due for one of these days after a stretch of comfortable running. Just over 6 in just under 50. HR high, 163.

[3x20 situps, 3x20 pushups, 3x15 lateral leg lifts, 3x10 single-leg squats, 3x10 standing piriformis lifts, minimal stretching]

No comments: